Monday 3 October 2011

Musical Oddness that I like

I quite like the Musical Oddness. And here are some fine examples of musical oddness that I like at the moment. I am not a huge fan of Alex Harvey but The Sensational Alex Harvey Band performing Jacques Brel's Next on the Old Grey Whistle Test works very well for me. Next up Mr Ivor Cutler playing his little ditty I'm Happy, and you just can't not feel happy watching it. This is followed by the wonderful Cardiacs with their promo vid for the song Tarred and Feathered.  Sadly Alex Harvey passed away in 1982, Ivor Cutler passed away in 2006. Poor old Tim Smith of the Cardiacs suffered a stroke and heart attack in 2008, and it is unlikely that we will hear from the Cardiacs in the forseeable future. Which is a bloody shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment