Saturday 12 May 2012

Simon Heartfield, Secret Self

I have had the good fortune to have known and worked with Mr Heartfield for about 25 years, and in that time I do not think there has not been a moment when Simon has not stopped recording and writing music. Mr Heartfield recently remixed my album track Highdown and I still am one third of Seatman Separator with Simon and Mr Packer. I also did the vocal duties on Simon's track Once at the Border of his Venom and Eternity album. Simon's new Album Secret Self on Wolftrap records has just been released, and the other night I went to Simon's album launch, which was very packed. Personal album favs of mine are the tracks Under the Beach and the haunting and errie Babal Stalker. Simon's meticulous remix of the Ipso Facto track Six and Three Quarters (Six Point Seven Five on the album) is yet another fine remix by Simon. The slow teasing build up and climax on the track Greenwood Place just leaves you wanting more and checking over your shoulder. In the words of John Le Mesurier "Its all been rather lovely"

No comments:

Post a Comment